Bioflex Laser Therapy
What is Bioflex Laser Therapy?
Some Physiological Effects of Laser Therapy
What are the Clinical Benefits of Laser Therapy?
the protein building block essential to the process of cell regeneration
increases tensile strength of muscles, tendons and ligaments
ATP (adenosine triphosphate)
the fuel of the cell required in facilitating cell metabolism
morphine like substances produced by the body to reduce the sensation of pain
Modulation of cellular components involved in the healing process
• i.e. macrophages, fibroblasts, lymphocytes, etc.
• immune response
• lymphatic drainage (reduction in edema)
• angiogenesis – formation of new capillaries and arterioles resulting in improved circulation / tissue oxygenation
LILT is the treatment of choice for:
Soft Tissue and Sports Injuries
- Ligament/tendon/muscle tears
- Knee dysfunction (Meniscal/ligamentous tears)
Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Tendonitis (supraspinatus/achilles etc.)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Degenerative Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Stenosis/Sciatica
- Disc Herniation
- Temporo-mandibular Joint Dysfunction
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Treatments are typically thirty minutes to one hour in duration depending on the condition being treated.
The number of treatments will depend on the chronicity and the extent of the pathology involved. Based on the genetic makeup of the cells, an individual’s response to LILT will vary to some degree. A recent clinical review, including 1,000 consecutively treated patients, reveals the average number of treatments to be 9.4.
Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic, non-invasive and in over one million individual treatments, no signicant adverse eects have been noted.
- One in four Canadians live with Chronic Low Back Pain.
- 62% of those who have an established diagnosis have never received effective treatment to resolve the condition and eliminate the pain.
- 64% of women and 56% of men with chronic low back pain report a serious disruption of sleeping patterns and the ability to enjoy a normal lifestyle.
- Chronic low back pain costs Canadians $10 billion on an annual basis .
Disorders of the spine are the leading medical condition that interferes with the individual’s quality of life and the ability to work and play. It can occur in the cervical (neck), thoracic (mid) or lumbar (lower) spine and is characterized by a wide range of symptoms including pain, muscle spasm, stiffness, restricted mobility and weakness of the extremities.
Current non-surgical treatments include analgesics, anti -inflammatories, bed rest, spinal manipulation, massage and physical therapy. These can mask or only temporarily relieve pain, leaving many to seek alternate safe and lasting treatments.
This technology provides a safe and highly effective treatment. It relieves pain, increases joint mobility and most important of all, reduces inflammation. In addition, it regenerates the cartilaginous lining of the joints.
In over 3,000 scientific studies, no adverse effects have been reported with the utilization of Laser Therapy. Clearly this characterizes it as a non-invasive, non-surgical, non-toxic method of treating spinal problems.
The BioFlex Laser Therapy Solution has helped thousands of Canadians eliminate back pain, restore normal activity levels and substantially increase their quality of life.
- An estimated 4.27 million Canadians aged 12 years or older suffered an injury sufficiently severe to limit normal activity levels.
- In Canada, 35% of injuries occur during participation in some type of sports or exercise activity.
- Two out of three (66%) injuries among adolescents are linked to sports.
- Sprains and strains were, by far, the most common type of injury (51%) followed by fractures (17%).
- Statistics Canada.Canadian Community Health Survey Annual Component. 2009–2010 combined.
- LASER THERAPY HEALS
- MUSCLE AND TENDON INJURIES SPRAINS,
- STRAINS AND TEARS FRACTURES
- ALL CONDITIONS WITH AN INFLAMMATORY COMPONENT
Laser Therapy utilizes LEDs and Laser diodes to treat tissues that have been traumatized or suffer from an extensive variety of pathologies.
It is designed to:
• accelerate the repair of muscle tissue
- delay the development of skeletal muscle fatigue
- improve muscle performance
- prevent muscle damage
- stabilize muscle function after high performance activities
- eliminate pain in cases of injury
BioFlex Laser Therapy is a safe, effective and painless treatment that eliminates pain, improves joint mobility, reduces inflammation and regenerates new cartilage.
Class III Lasers are safe and effective and deliver consistent, positive clinical results. In addition, the protocols utilized are accurate and reproducible.
In over 3,000 scientific studies, there have been no reported side effects of using Laser Therapy, making it a non-invasive and nontoxic choice for treating a number of sports injuries.
Laser Therapy is utilized by many high profile sports franchises including the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Toronto Raptors, the Miami Heat and many individual athletes including gymnasts, dancers, jockeys and competitive skiers
4.5 million, or 1 in 6 canadiand aged 15 years and older report having some form of arthritis. Two thirds of those affected with arthritis are women. Arthritis costs the Canadian economy more than $33 billion annually.
Among all the causes of disability in Canada, arthritis ranks first among women and second among men. 60% Of people suffering from arthritis are under the age of 65.
The pain of arthritis holds millions of Canadians back from performing routine daily activities such as walking, enjoying a round of golf, gardening, or even playing with their grandchildren.
Conventional therapies focus on pharmaceuticals with serve to mask symptoms and often have adverse effects. Problems with arthritic medications such as Vioxx, documented in The New England Journal of Medicine, have led many sufferers to seek safer alternatives.
BioFlex Laser Therapy is a safe, effective and painless therapy that relieves pain, increases joint mobility, reduces inflammation around the joints, and regenerates new cartilage.
In over 3,000 scientific studies, there have been no reported side effects of using Laser Therapy, making it a non-invasive and non-toxic alternative to commonly used arthritic medication.
The BioFlex Laser Therapy Solution has helped Canadians, from everyday people to elite athletes, conquer pain and get back to the activities they enjoy the most.