If you reside in Whitby and have been experiencing any back pain, you can simply seek the services of a licensed chiropractor in Whitby such as PhysioCare Physiotherapy Clinic to take care of you. You no longer have to suffer in silence from any injuries that occurred as a result of chronic stress, accident, or ergonomic issues.
Chiropractors are trained to employ non-invasive techniques to manipulate the spine and bring you the relief that you deserve. This therapy may be accompanied by the provision of other treatments such as massage, diet management, and nutritional supplements. Based on your diagnosis, your chiropractor will decide what suits you best.
Steps Involved in a Chiropractic Therapy
Millions of people seek solutions for their back pains that are due to sports injuries, muscle strains, and accidents. If you are one of these people, you should know that chiropractic therapy can provide you pain relief. Instead of living with the pain and having your daily schedules disrupted, you should book an appointment with the nearest chiropractic facility and have your back checked.
- Once you get your first appointment, a licensed professional will take up the role of guiding you throughout the recovery process. Before a chiropractor practitioner initiates treatment, he will first perform an examination to evaluate your chiropractic needs. The initial examination will take place during the first consultation.
- During your first consultation, your doctor will diagnose your condition. You will have to provide him with important information such as your symptoms, affected areas, and activities that made you feel better or worse. He will also inquire about your family and medical history to establish the source of your current discomfort.
- Afterward, he will then perform a physical examination to identify parts of the spine that need a chiropractic therapy. Your chiropractor may perform additional tests such as X-rays, laboratory tests, and ultrasound for a more detailed diagnosis.
- Once he determines that you are indeed suffering from back pains, he will then categorize your symptoms as either acute, sub-acute, chronic, or recurrent based on their duration of occurrence. Based on your symptoms, your chiropractor will initiate treatment which involves manipulation of the vertebrae. You will be asked to lie down on a padded treatment table, and he will start applying pressure on the specific areas of your back.
- You will experience crackling and popping when he gently presses your spinal cord. If you are new to this kind of treatment, you should not worry as they are harmless and normal. Your chiropractor may also employ massage therapy, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound therapy to ensure that you get an effective treatment. This treatment will go on until your nerve’s irritability is reduced. After several sessions, you will regain motion as your spine regains its functionality.
If the need arises, your chiropractor may adjust your therapy. He may:
- Try to relieve the sensation of the muscles surrounding the area of discomfort.
- Initiate a joint cavitation to release pressure on the joints. This technique is characterized by the release of gases such as carbon oxide, oxygen, and nitrogen.
- Elevate your arm to bring relief to your vertebrae.
In case these adjustments do not provide you with the desired results, your chiropractor may prescribe vitamins and exercise to manage back pains. A series of daily exercises will strengthen your abdominal muscles and improve your overall quality of life.
What to Do When Experiencing Chronic Back Pain
During the onset of a chronic back pain, the best choice is to seek immediate medical attention from licensed Whitby chiropractic services. The are has numerous clinics that offer chiropractor therapy, one of which is PhysioCare Physiotherapy Clinic.
As a licensed clinic offering chiropractic therapy in Whitby, PhysioCare caters to all people ranging from children to the elderly. Depending on your needs, they will strive to maintain a coordinated relationship between your nervous system and the joints in your spines. Also, as one of the leading chiropractors in Whitby, they will ensure that your body will work harmoniously the way it is programmed to function.
Chiropractic therapy is a practice that has become increasingly popular among people. A majority of patients prefer it due to its non-invasive procedure. It also offers numerous health benefits including stimulation of the immune system, alleviation of headaches, and improved sports performance.
Looking for a chiropractic therapy in Whitby? Call us now at PhysioCare so we can arrange your schedule. See you!